Process Engineering and Metallurgy
- List Price$102.95
- Your price$92.69
Save $10.26 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 42000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Wire drawing is a metalworking process used to reduce the diameter of a wire by pulling the wire through a single, or series of, drawing die(s). The engineering applications of wire drawing are broad and far-reaching, including electrical wiring, cables, tension-loaded structural components, springs, paper clips and spokes for wheels.
This all-new, classical text is the first to explain the complex theory and sophisticated engineering concepts with relation to wire drawing in an accessible and universal way for practicing engineers.
Designed to facilitate the entry and training of new engineers and upgrade the professional practice of those already in the field in the face of increased product demands and tightening specifications, this essential resource by industry expert Roger Wright provides:
- A technical overview and introduction of engineering concepts related to wire drawing, suitable for beginners and practiced engineers looking to brush up on the theory behind the process
- An interface with basic engineering education so as to provide an accessible introduction for engineers new to the field
- Real-world worked examples, problems and protocols based on true life engineering scenarios and challenges
- Unique coverage of the author's own pass design and risk prediction calculations, developed through decades of research and wire industry consulting
Whilst most competing titles are less practical in their approach and focus on either ferrous, non-ferrous or electrical, our book takes a universal approach more suited to the practicing engineer who needs knowledge of wire drawing across the board. Ideal for use as a complete insight into the process from start to finish or a dip-in resource for practical problem-solving, this versatile work-a-day guide, training tool and desk reference will help readers train their staff and adapt and improve processes at minimal cost for maximum performance.
- Provides a unique universal approach, covering ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Authored by an internationally-recognized specialist in wire drawing with extensive academic and industry experience
- Real-world worked examples, problems and protocols based on true life engineering scenarios and challenges allow engineers to easily apply the theory to their workplace to improve processes, productivity and efficiency
- Compact, concise and practical in comparison to the large, competing handbook tomes that are overwhelming for beginners and impractical for day-to-day work use
- Ideal for use as a complete insight into the process from start to finish or as a dip-in resource for practical problem-solving, analysis and trouble-shooting
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Roger N. Wright
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Roger N. Wright
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 27, 2016
- Elsevier Science, December 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: