A Pocket Guide
- List Price$58.95
- Your price$53.09
Save $5.86 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 24400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Make sure you can identify the many different types of surgical instruments! Surgical Instruments: A Pocket Guide, 4th Edition is a quick "go-to" source for information on over 160 of the most commonly used surgical instruments. Each two-page spread features full-color photos of an instrument and its tip (if applicable), and then describes how it is used, its common variations, and any alternative names. Written by Maryann Papanier Wells, this compact, durable reference is easy to keep with you at all times. With instruments alphabetized within each major instrument class, locating specific information has never been easier!
- Two-page spreads show a single instrument, its tip (if applicable), name, uses in surgery, varieties, and any alternative names.
- Instruments are organized alphabetically within 12 major categories for quick and easy reference.
- Commonly used instrument sets are described in the last chapter, providing everything you need in preparing for most major procedures.
- Instrument at-a-glance view and spiral binding make this an ideal flashcard-style study tool.
- Surgical Power Tools chapter covers drills, saws, and other basic powered devices commonly used in surgical suites.
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Instruments chapter includes the leading robotic system and shows the most common instrument tips used to interface with the robot.
- Full-color photographs make it easier to distinguish between different metal-types for each instrument.
- Over 135 photos of instrument tips help you identify the various types.
- A definition of instrument class opens each chapter and is followed by a description of what the instruments are used for and how they are used.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Maryann Papanier Wells
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Maryann Papanier Wells
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 29, 2016
- Elsevier Health Sciences, October 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: