Thorough coverage of Microsoft’s new dynamic programming language: IronPython
IronPython is a powerful and vital part of any .NET developer's toolbox, and although it is several years old, very little literature exists on the topic. This essential resource fills that void and provides you with an in-depth understanding of IronPython.
A brief introduction walks you through the installation, usage, and tools of IronPython and also explains what makes IronPython different from other programming languages. Coverage quickly moves on to explaining how to use and work with the IronPython language, and an in-depth look at its environment sheds light on how it can be stand alone or with the .NET Framework. You'll see how IronPython can be used to create either desktop or Web-based applications and you’ll witness how it interacts with other existing technologies. In addition, coverage of advanced topics shares techniques for extending IronPython and making it a robust language.
- Provides you with an in-depth look at IronPython, how it is different from other programming languages, what it is capable of, and how to maximize its potential
- Explores how IronPython interacts with existing technologies and how it can perform administration tasks
- Answers popular questions, such as how to extend IronPython and make it a more robust language
- Tackles topics not addressed anywhere else, including executing IronPython using Mono
You'll want to devour every topic covered in Professional IronPython so you can get started working with this powerful programming language today.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by John Paul Mueller
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by John Paul Mueller
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 27, 2016
- Wiley, April 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: