This timely and relevant new edition of an established and well-regarded text is essential reading for those training to become health visitors and those who are practitioners working with and in the community. Health Visiting: A Rediscovery has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect the many new developments in health policy, public health priorities and health visiting practice. The focus of the book, however, remains the same: placing the health visitor at the forefront of supporting and working with children and families, ensuring the child has the best possible start in life. The increasing importance of working with communities and reaffirming the public health role of the health visitor are discussed and debated. The new edition takes into account the challenges and increasing need for health visitors to engage with research evidence and to evaluate their practice.
- Incorporates the practice of public health and working with communities
- Includes a brand new chapter on the importance of safeguarding children and the enhanced child protection role of the health visitor
- Timely and topical
- Essential reading for all nurses working in the community, those training as Specialist Community Public Health Nurses and undergraduate students undertaking public health, primary and community care course units
- Features case studies and learning activities
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 30, 2016
- Wiley, November 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: