- List Price$22.95
- Your price$18.39
Save $4.56 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
"Gender" has, in recent years, become one of the busiest terms in literary and cultural theory, as well as being one of the most contested. David Glover and Cora Kaplan chart the main lines of contemporary debate surrounding gender in a guide which:
* presents a history of the term, from the sexology of psychoanalysis of the 1960s to its current usage within the interdisciplinary field of gender studies
* looks at the major perspectives on gender from second-wave feminist writers and critics
* examines new work on masculinity in literary and cultural studies
* assesses how the creation of new queer and gendered identities has impacted the study of literature
* surveys empirical and theoretical work on readership and spectatorship, looking in detail at modes of fantasy, cultural consumption, reader response and fan cultures.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Glover, David
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Glover, David
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 26, 2016
- Routledge, July 2000
- Download options:
- PDF (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: