From Zen to Reality
- List Price$64.95
- Your price$58.49
Save $6.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 26800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Data Architecture: From Zen to Reality provides an introduction to the basic principles of data architecture, focusing on the development and implementation of enterprise-level information architecture.
The book is organized into five sections. Section 1 discusses the data architecture and data design principles needed to reintroduce architecture into the business and software development process. Section 2 deals with the business and organizational issues of modern businesses and how structured and architected approaches may help them remain flexible and responsive. Section 3 focuses on the software-application development process, defining tools, techniques, and methods that ensure repeatable results. Section 4 discusses the artifact results of the process and the ways to make output products more efficient in real-world environments. Section 5 covers specialty databases and the various issues that arise in the business data processing environment, including data warehousing, objects and objects relational databases, and distributed databases.
This book was written for people in business management involved with corporate data issues and information technology decisions. It is also a reference tool for those in a higher-level education process involved in data or information technology management.
- Presents fundamental concepts of enterprise architecture with definitions and real-world applications and scenarios
- Teaches data managers and planners about the challenges of building a data architecture roadmap, structuring the right team, and building a long term set of solutions
- Includes the detail needed to illustrate how the fundamental principles are used in current business practice
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Charles Tupper
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Charles Tupper
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 27, 2016
- Elsevier Science, May 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: