The Financial Epidemic That is Sweeping the Global Economy... and How to Protect Yourself from It
- #14595 in Business & Finance
Bestselling author John Talbott outlines the troublesome economic times ahead and what can be done about them
Tough times are here, and author John Talbott-who accurately predicted the dot.com technology stock collapse as well as the recent housing, mortgage, and financial crises-argues that the coming global recession will be unlike anything we've ever seen.
In Contagion, Talbott turns his attention to this crisis and offers insights on what can be done to navigate such treacherous terrain. Talbott sets the stage by discussing how government borrowing and spending on the war, healthcare, Social Security, and corporate giveaways combined with dramatic increases in personal spending, fueled by credit card and mortgage debt, have funded unsustainable levels of personal and government consumption.
- Offers practical suggestions as to how investors and homeowners can best weather this storm with straightforward advice on where to invest
- Examines real estate and housing issues to help you make the best decisions possible in this arena
- Details the best ways to utilize stocks, bonds, TIPS, and commodities, and to prosper during this global crisis
- If you really want to protect yourself from the unfolding economic crisis, then Contagion is the book you need to read.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by John R. Talbott
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by John R. Talbott
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 29, 2016
- Wiley, January 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: