Insights and Answers
- List Price$76.95
- Your price$69.29
Save $7.66 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 31600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Canine Behavior: Insights and Answers, 2nd Edition offers cutting-edge information on the latest advances in the field of clinical canine behavior. It is intended to meet the needs of veterinarians, veterinary students and technicians as well as pet owners dealing with problem pets, pet care personnel who handle dogs in the course of their work, and dog lovers who are seeking understanding of the natural and aberrant behaviors of their canine companions. This new edition establishes a solid foundation for understanding innate, dog-to-dog social interactions, communication, and sensory awareness, so that we humans can learn how to meaningfully and effectively communicate with our “best friends. The author’s goals are to provide a clear understanding of normal behaviors and to provide the necessary tools to identify problem behaviors and their origins. Only then is it possible to successfully – and humanely – prevent, eradicate, or minimize unacceptable behaviors and build successful, lifelong relationships with our dogs.
- Discussions of all frequently encountered behavioral challenges in light of the natural history and innate behavioral development of dogs help you better understand the dog’s natural responses to living in the modern world.
- Chapters organized by categories of behavior, featuring the most up-to-date scientific and practical insights on a wide variety of basic and complicated behavioral problems, such as canine dominance and its relationship to aggression, separation anxiety, phobias and stress disorders, house soiling and marking, excessive barking, destructive behaviors, and more.
- Coverage of clinical applications of new drugs offers safer, more effective solutions for a wide variety of common behavioral problems.
- Helpful advice on behavioral modification outcomes helps you easily identify and attain acceptable treatment goals.
- The latest information on the risks and benefits of psychotropic drugs currently used for behavior therapy enables you to determine the best treatment.
- Canine Behavior Drug Formulary that clarifies indications, contraindications, and dosages for safe drug administration.
- The latest insights and treatment options for managing the behavioral and cognitive changes in senior dogs help you adapt to the changing needs of an aging dog.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Bonnie V. Beaver
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Bonnie V. Beaver
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on September 29, 2016
- Elsevier Health Sciences, November 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: