Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished
by Rocky Wood
Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished is the most comprehensive review of the Stephen King works you've never read, including coverage of nearly one hundred unpublished and uncollected works of fiction -- novels, short stories, screenplays, and poems!
Best of all, this eBook features the complete text of two lost works written by King, including an entire chapter from King's unpublished 1970 novel Sword in the Darkness that has never been published anywhere in the world!
Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished also gives in-depth coverage to the nearly one hundred variations and versions of King's published stories: edits, updates, and changes King made between reprintings of his work.
There are two works written by Stephen King included in this book:
• The first and only publication of a very long chapter from King's unpublished 1970 novelSword in the Darkness -- one of the lost Stephen King novels that only a handful of people in the world have ever read! This novel will never be published and this is your only chance to catch a glimpse of a young Stephen King developing his craft. The raw power that would eventually make him the bestselling horror author in the world is definitely evident in this very long excerpt.
• The first book publication of the obscure King poem "Dino" -- previously only published in a small literary magazine and just recently discovered at the E.S. Bird Library of Syracuse University in New York!
In addition, the author has discovered and taken detailed notes about a work previously unknown by the King community, "Molly," which was King's original screenplay submitted forThe X-Files. It's a completely different story from what was later produced for the series as "Chinga" and the author gives in-depth coverage to the differences.
Here are some other examples of what you'll find in Stephen King: Uncollected, Unpublished:
• Over one hundred entries detailing all of King's uncollected and unpublished works, many of which have never been available for public discussion
• In-depth descriptions and discussions of several unpublished King novels such as Sword in the Darkness and incomplete novels such as George D X McArdle
• Detailed overviews of dozens of King screenplays that were never produced, including his own adaptations of Cujo, Children of the Corn, The Dead Zone, Desperation, Dolan's Cadillac, Night Shift, The Stand, and his adaptations of other classic novels such asSomething Wicked This Way Comes
• Essays covering two dozen of King's lost and hidden works that are not available anywhere in the world, such as "An Evening at God's" and the infamous "Squad D"
• Details of eight new and previously unheard of King stories discovered in the Stephen King papers at the University of Maine
• Details of two King stories published in his high school newspaper and other stories King wrote as a child and teenager
• A complete Stephen King bibliography covering nearly four hundred works of fiction and non-fiction
• Instructions on finding the original appearances of King's lost works that appeared in obscure publications, and suggestions on how you can add these rare works to your collection.
- Cemetery Dance Publications, July 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: