Messaging for Many Applications
- List Price$45.99
- Your price$36.79
Save $9.20 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 19200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Dive into ØMQ (aka ZeroMQ), the smart socket library that gives you fast, easy, message-based concurrency for your applications. With this quick-paced guide, you’ll learn hands-on how to use this scalable, lightweight, and highly flexible networking tool for exchanging messages among clusters, the cloud, and other multi-system environments.
ØMQ maintainer Pieter Hintjens takes you on a tour of real-world applications, using extended examples in C to help you work with ØMQ’s API, sockets, and patterns. Learn how to use specific ØMQ programming techniques, build multithreaded applications, and create your own messaging architectures. You’ll discover how ØMQ works with several programming languages and most operating systems—with little or no cost.
- Learn ØMQ’s main patterns: request-reply, publish-subscribe, and pipeline
- Work with ØMQ sockets and patterns by building several small applications
- Explore advanced uses of ØMQ’s request-reply pattern through working examples
- Build reliable request-reply patterns that keep working when code or hardware fails
- Extend ØMQ’s core pub-sub patterns for performance, reliability, state distribution, and monitoring
- Learn techniques for building a distributed architecture with ØMQ
- Discover what’s required to build a general-purpose framework for distributed applications
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Pieter Hintjens
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Pieter Hintjens
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 25, 2016
- O'Reilly Media, March 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: