Yeast Gene Analysis
- List Price$215.00
- Your price$193.49
Save $21.51 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 86800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Focusing on Saccharomyces cerevisiae, the second edition of Yeast Gene Analysis represents a major reworking of the original edition, with many completely new chapters and major revisions to all previous chapters. Originally published shortly after completion of the yeast genome sequence, the new edition covers many of the major genome-wide strategies that have been developed since then such as microarray analysis of transcription, synthetic gene array studies, protein microarrays and chemical genetic approaches. It represents a valuable resource for any research laboratory using budding yeast as their experimental system in which to identify new yeast gene functions. The chapters are written in a readable style with useful background information, technical tips and specific experimental protocols included as appropriate, enabling both the novice and the experienced yeast researcher to adopt new procedures with confidence.
New chapters on:
* strain construction
* genome-wide two-hybrid approaches
* use of microarrays for transcript analysis
* real-time analysis of chromosome behaviour and FRET
* synthetic gene array technology and protein arrays
* chemical genomics and yeast prions
* RNA gene analysis and mitochondrial gene function analysis
* phylogenetic footprinting
* discovering human gene function and predicting yeast gene function
- Elsevier Science, September 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: