Writing for Visual Thinkers
A Guide for Artists and Designers
by Andrea Marks
- List Price$27.99
- Your price$22.39
Save $5.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Writing can be a challenge, especially for artists and designers who tend to be more visual than verbal. Writing for Visual Thinkers: A Guide for Artists and Designers is designed to help people who think in pictures—a segment of learners that by some estimates includes almost 30 percent of the population—gain skills and confidence in their writing abilities.
Writing for Visual Thinkers approaches the craft of writing from many directions, all with the ultimate goal of unblocking the reader's verbal potential. It offers a guide to mind mapping, concept mapping, freewriting, brainwriting, word lists and outlines, as well as provides student examples, tips on writing grant proposals, reasons for keeping a blog and more. Critique methods, criticism, narrative and storytelling, hypertext, editing, graphic novels and comics, and many more topics round out this groundbreaking book. Both experimental and pragmatic, Andrea Marks's methods will result in stronger, more verbally confident artists and designers.
Developed in partnership with AIGA, this book is for the visual learners everywhere who have always wanted--or needed!--to improve their writing skills, whether they specialize in graphic design, web design, industrial design, interior design, allied design, or fashion design.
All of Peachpit's eBooks contain the same content as the print edition. You will find a link in the last few pages of your eBook that directs you to the media files.
- If you are able to search the book, search for "Where are the lesson files?"
- Go to the very last page of the book and scroll backwards.
- You will need a web-enabled device or computer in order to access the media files that accompany this ebook. Entering the URL supplied into a computer with web access will allow you to get to the files.
- Depending on your device, it is possible that your display settings will cut off part of the URL. To make sure this is not the case, try reducing your font size and turning your device to a landscape view. This should cause the full URL to appear.
- Pearson Education, March 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: