Writing Better Lyrics has been a staple for songwriters for nearly two decades. Now this revised and updated 2nd Edition provides effective tools for everything from generating ideas, to understanding the form and function of a song, to fine-tuning lyrics.
Perfect for new and experienced songwriters alike, this time-tested classic covers the basics in addition to more advanced techniques.Songwriters will discover:
- How to use sense-bound imagery to enhance a song's emotional impact on listeners
- Techniques for avoiding clichés and creating imaginative metaphors and similes
- Ways to use repetition as an asset
- How to successfully manipulate meter
- Instruction for matching lyrics with music
- Ways to build on ideas and generate effective titles
- Advice for working with a co-writer
- And much more
Featuring updated and expanded chapters, 50 fun songwriting exercises, and examples from more than 20 chart-toppings songs, Writing Better Lyrics gives you all of the professional and creative insight you need to write powerful lyrics and put your songs in the spotlight where they belong.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: