An Introduction to the History and Philosophy of Science
Updated throughout and with three entirely new chapters, Worldviews: An Introduction to the History and Philosophy of Science, Second Edition furthers its reputation as the definitive introductory text on the historical developments and philosophical issues that inform our scientific view of the world around us.
- Represents an innovative introduction to the history and philosophy of science, designed especially for those coming to the subject for the first time
- Updated new edition features the addition of chapters focusing on scientific laws, evolutionary theory, and implications of evolution
- Covers the key historical developments and philosophical themes that have impacted our scientific view of the world around us
- Analyzes the transitions from the Aristotelian worldview to the Newtonian worldview to a new and currently developing worldview
- Explores challenges to the Western scientific worldview brought on by recent discoveries
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Richard DeWitt
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Richard DeWitt
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 22, 2016
- Wiley, April 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: