Full Color: Figures and code appear as they do in Visual Studio
Windows Phone 7.5 Unleashed is the first comprehensive, start-to-finish developer’s guide to Microsoft’s brand-new Windows Phone 7.5. Written by Microsoft MVP and leading WPF/Silverlight innovator Daniel Vaughan, this full-color guide covers everything developers need to rapidly build highly competitive Windows Phone 7.5 mobile apps.
Vaughan teaches through complete sample apps that illuminate each key concept with fully explained code and real-world context. He presents real-world best practices for building highly functional and attractive Metro interfaces; integrating touch, rich media, and data; testing; profiling; and more. Throughout, he shares expert insights available in no other book, drawing on his exceptional access to the Windows Phone development team through the elite Microsoft Silverlight and WPF Insiders group.
Along the way, he presents exceptionally practical and thorough coverage of many powerful new Windows Phone 7.5 platform enhancements--including full chapters on sensors, the camera, XNA graphics, local databases, scheduled actions, and background file transfers.
Detailed information on how to...
- Get started fast with Silverlight Windows Phone development in Visual Studio
- Master the Capabilities Model, threading, and the Execution Model
- Create attractive Metro interfaces using Windows Phone’s rich set of controls, including the Silverlight for Windows Phone Toolkit
- Make the most of the application bar and other interface elements
- Enhance user experience with advanced support for touch, gesture, and sensors
- Build location-aware apps that use Bing Maps and location services
- Quickly internationalize apps for global markets
- Leverage Windows Phone 7.5’s improved camera support
- Connect apps to online services via SOAP, REST, and ODATA
- Validate user input on the client side or via Web services
- Use Windows Phone 7.5’s powerful new local database support
- Implement background actions, file transfers, and audio playback
- Incorporate game-style XNA graphics
- Unit test to find defects earlier, saving time and money
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: