If you’re a web developer, Windows 8 gives you millions of new potential users--and you already have many of the skills you’ll need to reach them. Get this book, master the tools and techniques you don’t already know--and go after that huge new market!
Detailed information on how to...
- Get your app published in the Windows Store
- Create apps that work great with touch, keyboard, stylus, and mouse
- Thoroughly master using the WinJS ListView control to display, sort, and filter data
- Use HTML5 Canvas to build arcade games
- Store data on the local file system, via remote web services, or in IndexedDB databases
- Use Live Services to authenticate users, retrieve user profiles, and interact with SkyDrive
- Create custom WinJS controls with Page Controls
- Build apps that gracefully adapt to different screen resolutions and orientations
- Take pictures from your computer’s webcam and play sounds
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: