Whittle’s Gait Analysis - formerly known as Gait Analysis: an introduction - is now in its fifth edition with a new team of authors led by David Levine and Jim Richards. Working closely with Michael Whittle, the team maintains a clear and accessible approach to basic gait analysis. It will assist both students and clinicians in the diagnosis of and treatment plans for patients suffering from medical conditions that affect the way they walk.
- Highly readable, the book builds upon the basics of anatomy, physiology and biomechanics
- Describes both normal and pathological gait
- Covers the range of methods available to perform gait analysis, from the very simple to the very complex.
- Emphasizes the clinical applications of gait analysis
- Chapters on gait assessment of neurological diseases and musculoskeletal conditions and prosthetics and orthotics
- Methods of gait analysis
- Design features including key points
- A team of specialist contributors led by two internationally-renowned expert editors
- 60 illustrations, taking the total number to over 180
- Evolve Resources containing video clips and animated skeletons of normal gait supported by MCQs, an image bank, online glossary and sources of further information. Log on to http://evolve.elsevier.com/Whittle/gait to register and start using these resources today!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: