You're expecting more than one baby? Congratulations!
Effective, encouraging, and up-to-date, When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads is essential for you and your babies.
Like all mothers-to-be, you're experiencing the full spectrum of human emotions: joy, fear, confusion, and excitement—maybe all at once. As a woman pregnant with more than one baby, you're feeling all these things . . . only more so!
In When You're Expecting Twins, Triplets, or Quads, Dr. Barbara Luke, an acknowledged expert on the prenatal care of multiples, outlines a practical, nutrition-based program to keep you and your babies healthy, and she offers a comprehensive tour of what you can expect during your unique pregnancy and childbirth experience. Women who follow this program have significantly fewer complications during pregnancy—and their babies are born weighing 20 to 35 percent more than the average twin, triplet, or quad. Included is crucial information on:
- Finding a qualified maternal/fetal medicine specialist
- Dietary guidelines for maximizing birthweight
- Safe limits on exercise, physical activity, and work
- Taking a leave from your job and negotiating the best deal
- Reducing your risk for pregnancy complications
- Recognizing the signs of preterm labor and what to do about them
- What to expect during and after delivery
- Feeding and caring for your newborns . . . and yourself
- Getting back into shape after delivery
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: