Web Geek's Guide to the Android-Enabled Phone
- List Price$19.99
- Your price$15.99
Save $4.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Web Geek’s Guide to the Android-Enabled Phone
Covers Android 1.5
Make the Most of Your Android-Enabled Phone!
Out of the way BlackBerry. Move over iPhone. There’s a more intelligent alternative to the same old smartphone. Google’s Android mobile phone platform has all the capabilities of these phones and more. With this book, you’ll unlock every bit of power that’s built into the Android phone and learn how to take advantage of the incredibly innovative Android applications pouring into the marketplace. You’ll even learn how to build (and sell) your own new applications.
You’ll begin with a quick, practical tour of the first Android phone–the T-Mobile G1. You won’t just learn how to use your Android phone’s built-in applications, you’ll also learn tips and tricks that’ll make you a power user, fast! From email and YouTube to Google Maps and GPS, if Android can do it, this book will help you do it even better. Are you inspired by Android’s great apps? Create your own! This book gets you started with a complete introduction to Google’s powerful, free Android development toolset!
Covers all this, and more...
- Get online with Android’s built-in web browser
- Connect via Gmail Mobile–or any other email service you like
- Use Android’s core applications, including Contacts, Calendar, Alarm,
Calculator, and Camera
- Have fun with Android: from music and video to the hottest games
- Add new capabilities to your Android phone using third-party applications
- Build your own Android applications including: design tips, tools, coding
explanations, and instructions for publishing via the Android market
- Learn time-saving Android keyboard shortcuts
- Troubleshoot problems with your Android phone, step-by-step
- Pearson Education, September 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: