MAKE THE MOST OF THE WORLD’S HOTTEST NEW BROWSER, GOOGLE CHROME!
Finally, there’s a web browser for today’s Internet, and today’s user: you! It’s Chrome. (From Google—of course!) Now, there’s a book that reveals how you can use all of Google Chrome’s built-in power and speed—and extend Chrome to do even more! Jerri Ledford and Yvette Davis start with a quick, practical tour of Google Chrome’s stripped-down, hot-rod interface —including its do-everything, know-everything Omnibox. You’ll be using Chrome like a pro in minutes, but that’s just the beginning. You won’t just learn how to customize Chrome: You’ll dive under the hood, tweak its code, and transform it into the browser of your dreams. Bottom line: If Google Chrome can do it, this book will help you do it smarter, faster, better! Covers all this, and more...
• Improving life on the Web: what’s new and different about Chrome, and why you care
• Getting from Chrome newbie to power user—fast!
• Browsing more safely in the Web jungle
• Spit-shining Chrome: making a good-looking browser look spectacular
• Optimizing your own web site to make the most of Google Chrome
• Tweaking tabs, and more: customizing Chrome to your heart’s content
• Saving time with Google Chrome keyboard shortcuts
• Troubleshooting problems with Google Chrome, step-by-step
• Learning about Chromium (the foundation on which Google Chrome is built) and its components, WebKit, WebKit Core, WebKit Port, and WebKit Glue.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: