Wax and Paper Workshop
Techniques for Combining Encaustic Paint and Handmade Paper
- List Price$24.99
- Your price$19.99
Save $5.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Wax + Paper = Artistic Bliss!
Unconventional? Sure. The next wave in encaustic painting? Absolutely!
Encaustic artists have been branching out--trying new techniques and mediums, mixing it up with unique textures and using traditional art supplies in wholly unexpected ways. So why shouldn't the surfaces be evolving as well?
Well, now they are! In Wax and Paper Workshop, not only will you learn some crazy cool techniques (like working with rust and tar and learning how to emboss and embed), you will also explore the benefits of working on paper surfaces--both commercially made and your own handmade papers!
Inside you'll find:
- All the basics for working in both wax and paper, including a thorough explanation of required materials and suggestions for setting up your workspace.
- Easy to understand instructions for making paper and supports to suit your every need and whim.
- 14 completely stepped-out encaustic techniques, including those for working on the wax and in the wax for adding tone and nuance to your encaustic masterpieces.
- Dozens of author studio samples and gallery pieces to illustrate, delight and inspire.
- A contributors gallery highlighting the best and the brightest working in wax and paper and giving a sneak peek of the future of these two dynamic and complementary mediums.
- F+W Media, September 2012
North Light Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: