Water Loss Control
- List Price$135.00
- Your price$121.49
Save $13.51 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 54800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Master the Latest Techniques to Quantify, Locate, Control, and Prevent Water and Revenue Loss in Water Utility Operations
This comprehensive guide takes you step by step through every stage of the development of a water loss control program-from measuring and auditing water loss, tracking losses to their root cause, to developing a loss control program for future efficiency. Inside, you'll find precise descriptions of the most current methodologies and technologies, along with tables and figures presenting key information clearly and concisely. This second edition brings innovative approaches to water loss management, with information on new modeling methods, leak detection equipment, revenue protection programs, and best practices advocated by the American Water Works Association and the International Water Association.
- Updated U.S. and international standardized water audit methodologies
- Step-by-step guide to creating an effective water loss control program
- Guidance on data collection, validation, and component analysis of water supply and customer consumption volumes
- Detailed description of available intervention tools against real losses
- Detailed description of available intervention tools against apparent losses
- Innovations in automatic meter reading (AMR) and advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) that will transform accountability in the water supply industry
- Integrated technologies to optimize water distribution system operations
- Detailed descriptions and case studies of successful water loss control and intervention programs
- Comprehensive glossary of terms
Water Loss Control Manual covers:
- Various Types of Water and Revenue Losses • Traditional Control Methods • Progressive Approaches • Standard Water Audit Methodology • Meaningful Performance Indicators • Data Collection • Information Management • Validating the Water Audit Data • Field Equipment • Computer Modeling • •Strategies and Methods to Control Leakage and Optimize Revenue Recovery • Active Leakage Detection and Repair • Pressure Management • Distribution System Rehabilitation • Water Efficiency Programs • Hiring Contractors • Writing Bids • Case Studies • Calculations • Industry Papers
- McGraw-Hill Education, July 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: