The Insider's Guide to Buying and Selling Fashion Online
Vintage clothing has never been more chic, with everyone from celebrity trendsetters to style-conscious professionals searching for wearable treasures from the past. Virtual Vintage is the first and only guide that helps both the novice and the fashion connoisseur evaluate and confidently participate in the thriving vintage marketplace that exists online. No other book explains how to get it, sell it, fix it, or wear it with flair. Authors Linda Lindroth and Deborah Newell Tornello equip readers from head to toe with
• more than 100 chic sites—rated and evaluated
• instructions on contacting sellers
• smart strategies for bidding in online auctions
• advice about evaluating the size, quality, and colors of a garment
• tips for cleaning and repairing vintage items
Whether you’re looking for a 1960s Rudi Gernreich knit, Gucci hipster trousers, a Claire McCardell for Townley shirtwaist, or a Chanel suit in pink wool with black patent-leather trim, Virtual Vintage will help you build a unique and sensational wardrobe.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Random House Publishing Group, September 2002
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: