From Botnet Tracking to Intrusion Detection
- List Price$47.99
- Your price$38.39
Save $9.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 20000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Honeypots have demonstrated immense value in Internet security, but physical honeypot deployment can be prohibitively complex, time-consuming, and expensive. Now, there’s a breakthrough solution. Virtual honeypots share many attributes of traditional honeypots, but you can run thousands of them on a single system-making them easier and cheaper to build, deploy, and maintain.
In this hands-on, highly accessible book, two leading honeypot pioneers systematically introduce virtual honeypot technology. One step at a time, you’ll learn exactly how to implement, configure, use, and maintain virtual honeypots in your own environment, even if you’ve never deployed a honeypot before.
You’ll learn through examples, including Honeyd, the acclaimed virtual honeypot created by coauthor Niels Provos. The authors also present multiple real-world applications for virtual honeypots, including network decoy, worm detection, spam prevention, and network simulation.
After reading this book, you will be able to
- Compare high-interaction honeypots that provide real systems and services and the low-interaction honeypots that emulate them
- Install and configure Honeyd to simulate multiple operating systems, services, and network environments
- Use virtual honeypots to capture worms, bots, and other malware
- Create high-performance "hybrid" honeypots that draw on technologies from both low- and high-interaction honeypots
- Implement client honeypots that actively seek out dangerous Internet locations
- Understand how attackers identify and circumvent honeypots
- Analyze the botnets your honeypot identifies, and the malware it captures
- Preview the future evolution of both virtual and physical honeypots
- Pearson Education, July 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: