Using Talk Effectively in the Primary Classroom
- List Price$41.95
- Your price$37.79
Save $4.16 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 17600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Drawing on their research into the quality, quantity and type of talk that happens in the everyday primary classroom, the authors offer insights into the most effective ways of using talk to improve teaching and learning. They consider broad classroom-based issues, such as:
- what is important about talk
- what children know about talk when they get to school
- the voice of authority and the voice of the learner
- whole class teaching for diversity
- the experience of boys and girls, and children with special needs
- using talk in the Literacy and Numeracy Hours
- using talk in science and ICT.
Packed full of quotes from teachers and pupils in action, this innovative guide presents a range of practical ways that teachers can develop their interactions with their pupils to raise standards in all primary schools.
- Taylor and Francis, August 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: