- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Application developers, take note: databases aren't just for the IS group any more. You can build database-backed applications for the desktop, Web, embedded systems, or operating systems without linking to heavy-duty client-server databases such as Oracle and MySQL. This book shows you how to use SQLite, a small and lightweight relational database engine that you can build directly into your application.
With SQLite, you'll discover how to develop a database-backed application that remains manageable in size and complexity. This book guides you every step of the way. You'll get a crash course in data modeling, become familiar with SQLite's dialect of the SQL database language, and much more.
- Learn how to maintain localized storage in a single file that requires no configuration
- Build your own SQLite library or use a precompiled distribution in your application
- Get a primer on SQL, and learn how to use several language functions and extensions
- Work with SQLite using a scripting language or a C-based language such as C# or Objective-C
- Understand the basics of database design, and learn how to transfer what you already know to SQLite
- Take advantage of virtual tables and modules
"Complex SQL concepts explained clearly."
--D. Richard Hipp, creator of SQLite
- O'Reilly Media, August 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: