- List Price$31.99
- Your price$25.59
Save $6.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 13600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Application developers, take note: databases aren't just for the IS group any more. You can build database-backed applications for the desktop, Web, embedded systems, or operating systems without linking to heavy-duty client-server databases such as Oracle and MySQL. This book shows you how to use SQLite, a small and lightweight relational database engine that you can build directly into your application.
With SQLite, you'll discover how to develop a database-backed application that remains manageable in size and complexity. This book guides you every step of the way. You'll get a crash course in data modeling, become familiar with SQLite's dialect of the SQL database language, and much more.
- Learn how to maintain localized storage in a single file that requires no configuration
- Build your own SQLite library or use a precompiled distribution in your application
- Get a primer on SQL, and learn how to use several language functions and extensions
- Work with SQLite using a scripting language or a C-based language such as C# or Objective-C
- Understand the basics of database design, and learn how to transfer what you already know to SQLite
- Take advantage of virtual tables and modules
"Complex SQL concepts explained clearly."
--D. Richard Hipp, creator of SQLite
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Jay A. Kreibich
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Jay A. Kreibich
Thanks for Sharing!
by on September 29, 2016
- O'Reilly Media, August 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: