Upgrading and Repairing PCs
- List Price$39.99
- Your price$31.99
Save $8.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
For 20 years, Upgrading and Repairing PCs has been the industry’s #1 guide to PC hardware: the single source for reliable, step-by-step information on identifying and fixing problems, adding hardware, optimizing performance, and building new PCs from scratch. Now, this 19th Edition has been completely updated to focus on today’s technologies and today’s maintenance challenges!
From processors and motherboards, memory to storage, video to power, and networking to Internet connectivity, it’s all here: technical details, practical insights, and step-by-step solutions to difficult problems. Updates include new CPUs like the Intel Core i Series and AMD’s Phenom family...solid state drives (SSDs) and hard disk drives...motherboard form factors, chipsets, power supplies, DDR3 memory, Windows 7 readiness, and a whole lot more!
Your guide, Scott Mueller, has taught thousands in his legendary personal seminars and millions more through his books and videos. Nobody knows more about choosing, installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and maintaining PC hardware. Whether you’re a professional technician, a small business owner who doesn’t want to pay for service calls, or a home PC enthusiast, this is the one book you need!
NEW IN THIS EDITION
- Intel’s and AMD’s hottest new processors, including the Intel Core i Series and AMD Phenom family
- The latest PC system designs and form factors, including the new mini-ITX and DTX motherboard form factors
- State-of-the-art graphics cards, GPUs, and chipsets from NVIDIA and ATI/AMD
- Terabyte-class hard disks, solid state drives, and other data storage innovations
- Revamped coverage of building PCs from scratch—from selecting and assembling hardware to BIOS Setup and troubleshooting
- Pearson Education, December 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: