UNIVERSITY GUIDE 2012-2013
Choosing a Course and Getting In is produced by the team behind popular university applications advice website www.getting-in.com
A University Guide: Choosing A Course and Getting In, is the book produced by the Getting-In team to give you all the information you need to know about applying to UK universities using the UCAS system, and making sure you get the place you want. This book includes:
- up-to-date league tables and other statistics
- explanations of common terms and jargon used by university admissions departments
- an examination of why people go to university
- the right criteria for choosing a subject, institution and degree
- specialist interview advice for medical degrees, Oxford and Cambridge colleges, and other courses you're likely to need an interview for
- a guide to non-A level examinations required by some university courses, and how to cope with these extra requirements
- a step-by-step guide through and timetable of the UCAS process
- detailed advice on writing a winning personal statement, supported by years of experience from the Getting-In team
- an explanation of the changes to student finance made in 2011, and how to use them to your best advantage
- a guide to the Clearing and Adjustment systems used for students whose grades aren't what they expect
- a history of universities and their development in the UK
With years of experience in getting students into top universities, the Getting-In team has produced a definitive guide to university applications. Written in clear language that any seventeen-year-old can easily understand, this book is designed to allow students consider every angle before making decisions that could shape the rest of their lives.
A University Guide: Choosing A Course and Getting In is produced by the team behind popular university applications advice website Getting-In.com. This website provides tailored personal statement help and advice for young people applying to university. Now, this non-fiction guide takes students through the process of applying to UK universities using the UCAS system, and making sure that they get the places that they want. Written in clear language that any seventeen-year-old can easily understand, this book also caters for mature and gap-year students. Although Getting-In runs its own successful advice website, a selection of other online and offline resources are also included here so that students can get the most extensive advice possibly.
A University Guide: Choosing A Course and Getting In is designed to allow students consider every angle, before making decisions that could shape the rest of their lives. It offers not just practical advice, but detailed guidance and counselling on how to choose a subject and a university, taking into account your ambitions, priorities, best-loved subjects and personal habits.
- www.getting-in.com, November 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: