Trusting the Moment: Unlocking Your Creativity and Imagination
A new book by Boston theater professional, Jeannie Lindheim, presents a treasure trove of insights to help increase cohesiveness and creativity. Trusting the Moment includes fifty unique exercises for those who work creatively: Teachers, Group Facilitators, Helping Professionals, Therapists, Coaches, Directors and Actors, Drama/Art/Music and Creative Writing Professors, Youth Leaders and people who like to have FUN! The exercises in the book are designed to help people foster self-esteem and confidence; get to know themselves in new and exciting ways; build memory, concentration and listening skills; become more flexible, physically and emotionally; and learn how to live in the moment. The section on the Art of Group Leadership is a valuable resource for group leaders in any field. Trusting the Moment also provides an extensive resource section for further exploration.
The purpose of this book is to give the reader a set of tools that will make them a more effective, exciting and excited artist and/or group leader. It includes ideas on the art of group leadership, as well as specific suggestions for group procedures. The heart of the book includes fifty exercises that will:
• Break the ice when your group first meets
• Free people from the blocks and inhibitions that many people bring to one-on-one and to group situations
• Encourage your group members to be open, vulnerable and trusting with each other
• Build a warm and supportive environment, where each person will feel free to express his or her own creativity and joy
• Develop a bond between group members that will allow each one to be spontaneous and take risks
These exercises have created marvelous transformations in the attitudes and work of thousands of actors and directors, and now Ms. Lindheim is sharing them with everyone.
- Satya House Publications Inc., November 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: