Traveling between the Worlds: Conversations with Contemporary Shamans
- List Price$18.95
- Your price$15.19
Save $3.76 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
For anyone whos ever had the desire to look at the world through the eyes of our indigenous ancestors, here is a unique opportunity. Traveling between the Worlds is a treasure trove of insight and exploration into the ancient spiritual wisdom of such diverse cultures as Ireland, Africa, and the Americas. The keeper of this wisdom is the shaman--a man or woman who can, at will, enter into altered states of consciousness in order to acquire extrasensory knowledge and healing power.
In this important book, Hillary S. Webb invites us to eavesdrop on her conversations with some of todays most influential teachers and writers of shamanism. While the conversations cover a variety of topics pertaining to the shamans path and practice, this book explores how we in the modern world can use these ancient teachings to help ourselves, each other, and the world around us.
Included in this book are conversations with:
- Renowned author and environmentalist John Perkins, who brings corporate executives to the Amazon to teach them the value of merging business and eco-philosophy.
- Rabbi Gershon Winkler, who uses the beliefs and techniques of the Jewish shamanic tradition to bring Israelis and Palestinians together on common, and more peaceful, ground--their indigenous roots.
- Renegade shaman Ken Eagle Feather of the Toltec tradition, who explains how modern technology can help us evolve into the next level of perception.
- Peruvian shaman Oscar Miro-Quesada, whose ideas on life and death may alter your view of reality itself.
And that is just the beginning.
- Hampton Roads Publishing, August 2004
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: