The orgy of consumerism and waste: Are we the last generation on earth?
- #14775 in Business & Finance
The West is causing depletion of natural resources and environmental destruction with the help of questionable companies, financial institutions and governments. Today, all eyes are on China and its hazardous environment.
Toxic Capitalism, a succinct volume jam-packed with informative but scary data, shows how to fight overconsumption and wastage.
Yes, there is a solution. Only complaining will not guarantee the well-being of future generations.
What you will discover and learn in the book:
- The reality of Global Warming
- How financial institutions and companies fail in their job
- How governments fail in their duty, vested interests at work
- How income inequality affects society
- The role of corruption
- How inadequate job markets impede better consumption
- Details on water pollution & scarcity, focus on China
- What China is doing to combat pollution, to improve the energy mix and promote renewables
- How China roams the world to buy up and import the much needed resources, including food
- How much and why we waste (including food and medicine)
- Air pollution, soil pollution, impact on health
- Everyday examples of waste, focus on China
- How we can enforce quality and durability
- How we can do our part to safeguard the future for our children
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Gilbert Van Kerckhove
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Gilbert Van Kerckhove
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 23, 2016
- AuthorHouse UK, September 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: