There's No Such Thing as Public Speaking
Make Any Presentation or Speech as Persuasive as a One-on-OneConversation
Two top public-speaking coaches offer fresh advice on giving effective speeches and presentations with the immediacy of a conversation.
The best speeches don't sound like speeches, and the best speakers make listeners feel as though they are being addressed directly. The trick is to make every presentation as natural and direct as a one-on-one conversation. This expert but accessible guide reveals:
- The six truths behind every conversation-and how to use them at the podium
- The three steps to inspiring any audience
- The seven secrets for using voice and body language
- The seven tools every speaker uses or misuses
Whether addressing a few colleagues or a packed auditorium, readers will find practical and simple techniques for inspiring every listener.
- Penguin Publishing Group, January 2007
Prentice Hall Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: