There's a Sucker Born Every Minute
A Revelation of Audacious Frauds, Scams, and Cons -- How toSpot Them, How to Sto p Them
One in nine Americans will lose money as a victim of fraud
• Every man and woman in the country (and every child with an email address) will be targeted by professional fraudsters-multiple times.
• Seven out of every eight frauds go unreported.
• Most fraudsters will get away with their crime.
• Government agencies and crime watchdogs suggest that there could be up to $100 billion worth of fraud in this country in any given year.
A jaw-dropping exposé of fraud in America today-who's doing it, how it's done, and how you can protect yourself-the world of fraud is laid bare: from personal finance and investment schemes to Internet scams and identity theft, to pyramid cons and the infamous Nigerian advance fee frauds.
Jeffrey Robinson gets inside the heads of the most notorious scam artists to uncover the psychological weapons they use to entice victims. With uncanny clarity and insight, he shows how to spot a scam and how to limit your exposure to fraudsters.
There's a Sucker Born Every Minute levels the playing field, arming consumers with the knowledge they need to combat even the most insidious conmen.
Watch a Video
- Penguin Publishing Group, June 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: