Theoretical Perspectives for Direct Social Work Practice
A Generalist-Eclectic Approach, Second Edition
- List Price$89.99
- Your price$80.99
Save $9.00 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 36800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
" Praise for the first edition
Finally, a social work practice text that makes a difference! This is the book that you have wished for but could never find. Although similar to texts that cover a range of practice theories and approaches to clinical practice, this book clearly has a social work frame of reference and a social work identity.
--Gayla Rogers, Dean of the Faculty of Social Work, University of Calgary
- This second edition has been updated and revised to include:
- A new chapter on Relational Theory, and newly-rewritten chapters by new authors on Cognitive-Behavioral Theory, Existential Theory, and Wraparound Services
- New critique of the Empirically Supported Treatment (EST) movement
- Updated information on the movement toward eclecticism in counseling and psychotherapy
- A refined conceptualization of the editors' generalist-eclectic approach
This new edition discusses many of the same issues presented in the first, but also provides a framework for integrating the use of each theory with central social work principles and values, as well as with the artistic elements of practice."
- Springer Publishing Company, October 2007
Springer Publishing Company
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: