The Writer's Digest Guide To Query Letters
- List Price$14.99
- Your price$11.99
Save $3.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Anyone who's researched the marketplace knows: The path to publication begins with your query letter. If your query is weak, unfocused, or uninspired, an editor or agent won't even bother to request your article, novel manuscript, or nonfiction book proposal. But a well-crafted, compelling query sent to the right editor or agent is an essential sales tool for fiction writers and the most effective way for nonfiction writers to pre-sell your idea.
In this book, professional freelance writer and magazine editor Wendy Burt-Thomas shares practical advice on how to craft persuasive letters that connect with editors and agents and ultimately generate sales for you. You'll learn how to:
- Conduct targeted research to find suitable editors and agents
- Hook an editor with a tantalizing lead and shape a summary that compels editors to buy
- Select the strongest slant for your book or article
- Use research and interview shortcuts that keep your query prep profitable
- Make your query rejection-proof by weeding out subtle mistakes that can sabotage your project
- Communicate your author platform and sell yourself as the best writer for the subject
- F+W Media, December 2008
Writer's Digest Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: