The Women In Lincoln's Life
The tumultuous experiences Abraham Lincoln had with the women in his lifehave long been known, but here the stories have been brought together - andfilled out with newly discovered accounts - in a fresh, new way that shows theireffect on Lincoln's personality, ambition, and spirit:
- The death of his mother when he was nine years old gave him a feeling of abandonment.
- The discovery that his mother's ancestry and reputation were scandalous and that he may have been illegitimate.
- The unexpected death of his beloved sister, Sarah.
- The untimely death of Ann Rutledge, probably the only woman with whom Lincoln shared a deep, wonderful love.
- His sudden and unexpected marriage to Mary Todd, a marriage that was Lincoln's greatest tragedy.
Not overlooked are the positive impacts of women on Lincoln and he on them,especially his stepmother - the first person to treat him with respect.
Thisin-depth book reveals the effect that women had on Abraham Lincoln's life andcareer.
- Thomas Nelson, October 2001
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: