The Woman's Book of Resilience: 12 Qualities to Cultivate
by Beth Miller
- List Price$18.95
- Your price$15.19
Save $3.76 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 8400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Beginning years ago with her work with women in grief, Beth Miller has helped hundreds of people in her therapeutic practice to learn to be resilient and survive life crises to become deeper, more powerful, and authentic human beings. Packed with information and exercises, The Woman's Book of Resilience is a smart, often funny, book that can help any woman thrive amid life's ups and downs. When we cultivate resilience, we mine the awful, or merely annoying, experiences in life to find meaning and purpose.
The Woman's Book of Resilience is an accessible, practical guide to bouncing back. "We know that resiliency reigns because we survive to tell our tales of misfortune, trauma, abuse. Indeed, we are built to be able to go to the edge of life and come back with heart and soul elevated... We are built to be resilient, to be able to take sure and steady steps over rocky terrain."
Miller offers 12 qualities that help women develop and learn resilience.
Readers learn to:
- 1. Admit and embrace vulnerability
- 2. Practice and increase the ability to connect
- 3. Find manageable parts of the problem
- 4. Discover their needs and get them met
- 5. Recognize their gifts and talents
- 6. Develop the ability to say no and set limits and boundaries
- 7. Practice transforming resentment and forgiving
- 8. Use their sense of humor
- 9. Use the power of staying and leaving
- 10. Find meaning in crisis
- 11. Endure suffering through crisis
- 12. Stand alone
Each of the twelve is a chapter with case histories, stories, and plenty of try this, this, or this--exercises to turn to again and again. With a foreword by June Singer.
- Red Wheel Weiser, December 2004
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: