- List Price$88.95
- Your price$80.09
Save $8.86 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 36400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The fourth edition of this bestselling text will again provide the latest coverage of the biochemistry and physiology of vitamins and vitamin-like substances. Extensively revised and expanded on the basis of recent research findings with enlarged coverage of health effects of vitamin-like factors, it is ideally suited for students and an important reference for anyone interested in nutrition, food science, animal science or endocrinology. It contains a cohesive and well-organized presentation of each of the vitamins, as well as the history of their discoveries and current information about their roles in nutrition and health.
- Selected for inclusion in Doody's Core Titles 2013, an essential collection development tool for health sciences libraries
- Includes approximately 30% new material
- Substantial updates have been made to chapters on vitamins A, C, E, K, folate, and the quasi-vitamins
- Provides checklists of systems affected by vitamin deficiencies and food sources of vitamins
- Key concepts, learning objectives, vocabulary,case studies, study questions and additional reading lists are included making this ideally suited for students
- Thoroughly updated with important recent research results, including citations to key reports, many added tables and several new figures
- Addition of Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (HANES III) data
- Updated Dietary Reference Values
- Elsevier Science, April 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: