The Utilization of Slag in Civil Infrastructure Construction
- List Price$235.00
- Your price$211.49
Save $23.51 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 94800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Utilization of Slag in Civil Infrastructure Construction strives to integrate the theory, research, and practice of slag utilization, including the production and processing of slags. The topics covered include: production and smelting processes for metals; chemical and physical properties of slags; pretreatment and post-treatment technology to enhance slag properties; potential environmental impact; mechanisms of potential expansion; special testing methods and characteristics; slag processing for aggregate and cementitious applications; suitability of slags for use in specific applications; overall properties of materials containing slags; and commercialization and economics. The focus of the book is on slag utilization technology, with a review of the basic properties and an exploration of how its use in the end product will be technically sound, environment-friendly, and economic.
- Covers the production, processing, and utilization of a broad range of ferrous, non-ferrous, and non-metallurgical slags
- Provides information on applicable methods for a particular slag and its utilization to reduce potential environmental impacts and promote natural resource sustainability
- Presents the overall technology of transferring a slag from the waste stream into a useful materials resource
- Provides a detailed review of the appropriate utilization of each slag from processing right through to aggregate and cementitious use requirements
- Elsevier Science, June 2016
- Download options:
- EPUB 3 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: