The Unauthorized Guide To Doing Business the Philip Green Way
10 Secrets of the Billionaire Retail Magnate
by Liz Barclay
- #13671 in Business & Finance
Philip Green, retail's most colourful figure, is widely regarded as the finest retailer of his generation and one of the best business brains in the UK. He made his first million at 33, and now owns the Arcadia Group, running about an eighth of the UK clothing retail market. So how did a man who just fell into the industry by accident go on and build this business empire?
The Unauthorized Guide to Doing Business the Philip Green Way draws out the universal lessons from Philip Green's remarkable success and identifies 10 strategies for building a business empire that can be applied to any business or career:
- Do it your way
- Make the business run as efficiently as possible
- Keep the customer satisfied
- Whatever you do, don't break the supply chain
- People matter - you can't run an empire without them
- Spot the money-making opportunity
- When the going gets tough - work harder!
- Aim high and keep trying
- Stay private but enjoy the publicity
- Give something back
Want to be the best? The secrets of phenomenal success are in your hands.
Check out the other Unauthorized Guides in this series: Richard Branson; Duncan Bannatyne; Alan Sugar; Jamie Oliver; and Bill Gates.
- Wiley, March 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: