The Ultimate Mixed Martial Arts Training Guide: Techniques for Fitness, Self Defense, and Competition
Techniques for Fitness, Self Defense, and Competition
by Danny Plyler
- List Price$19.99
- Your price$15.99
Save $4.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Regardless of your skill or fitness level, The Ultimate Mixed Marital Arts Training Guidewith more than 300 step-by-step photographs, detailed callouts, and comprehensive instructionis the personal trainer you need to accomplish your workout goals and sharpen your techniques. You'll learn:
- Cardio and strength training exercises like mountain climber push-ups, partner closed guard sit-up reaches, and the Muay Thai scarecrow
- Striking and defense techniques such as the jab, cross, hook, overhand, Muay Thai knee, inner/outer thigh kick, and head kick
- Wrestling and countering techniques including the dirty boxing clinch, the over-under clinch, and the Muay Thai clinch
- Takedowns like the hip throw, shoot takedown, and single and double leg takedown
- Jiu-jitsu passing and escape techniques for the full mount, knee mount, closed guard, open guard, and more
- Winning submission moves like the arm bar, Kimura, omoplata, guillotine, ankle lock, and triangle choke
- Drills to improve your punching and kicking speed and accuracy
- Mental exercises to sharpen your focus, reduce your fears, and increase your concentration
- Diet and nutrition techniques the pros use to stay in top fighting condition - whether they're in training mode or cutting weight before a match
- F+W Media, January 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: