The Travel and Tropical Medicine Manual
- List Price$75.95
- Your price$68.39
Save $7.56 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 31200 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Here’s a handy, portable guide to preventing, evaluating, and managing diseases that can be acquired in tropical environments and foreign countries! Whether you’re a physician, traveler, or both, this respected manual is your perfect source for quick, easy access to the latest travel medicine information. New updates and additional material are presented in a sleek new design that offers rapid access to the content you need. The fourth edition features more critical content than ever before-including new evidence-based recommendations and new maps and illustrations. From pre-travel advice and immunizations to the diagnosis and treatment of a full range of travel-related illnesses, you’ll have all the information you need to avoid, recognize, and treat illnesses acquired away from home in a convenient, pocket size guide.
Illustrates key concepts with visual guidance from dynamic new images.
Offers evidence-based treatment recommendations to enable you to manage diseases confidently.
Provides access to need-to-know information quickly in a convenient, pocket size for excellent portability.
- Features 7 major sections, color-coded for quick answers:
- Pre-travel Advice
- Advice for Special Travelers
- Skin Lesions
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Offers the most recent developments in tropical and travel medicine to keep you up-to-speed.
- Features more critical content than ever before-including new evidence-based recommendations, new maps and illustrations, and new vaccines and drugs used in travel medicine - all in a new full color design.
- Highlights major issues in new chapters such as Urban Medicine: Threats to Health of Travelers to Developing World Cities; Pre-Travel Risk Assessment and Health Advice for Missionaries and Other Long-Term Expatriate Volunteers; Trematodes; and others.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, August 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: