The Role of Catalysis for the Sustainable Production of Bio-fuels and Bio-chemicals
- List Price$147.95
- Your price$133.19
Save $14.76 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 60000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The Role of Catalysis for the Sustainable Production of Bio-fuels and Bio-chemicals describes the importance of catalysis for the sustainable production of biofuels and biochemicals, focused primarily on the state-of-the-art catalysts and catalytic processes expected to play a decisive role in the "green" production of fuels and chemicals from biomass. In addition, the book includes general elements regarding the entire chain of biomass production, conversion, environment, economy, and life-cycle assessment.
Very few books are available on catalysis in production schemes using biomass or its primary conversion products, such as bio-oil and lignin. This book fills that gap with detailed discussions of:
- Catalytic pyrolysis of lignocellulosic biomass
- Hybrid biogasoline by co-processing in FCC units
- Fischer-Tropsch synthesis to biofuels (biomass-to-liquid process)
- Steam reforming of bio-oils to hydrogen
With energy prices rapidly rising, environmental concerns growing, and regulatory apparatus evolving, this book is a resource with tutorial, research, and technological value for chemists, chemical engineers, policymakers, and students.
- Includes catalytic reaction mechanism schemes and gives a clear understanding of catalytic processes
- Includes flow diagrams of bench-, pilot- and industrial-scale catalytic processing units and demonstrates the various process technologies involved, enabling easy selection of the best process
- Incorporates many tables, enabling easy comparison of data based on a critical review of the available literature
- Elsevier Science, March 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: