The Practice of Integrative Medicine
A Legal and Operational Guide
- List Price$84.99
- Your price$76.49
Save $8.50 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 34800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Successfully Incorporate Integrative Medicine in a Wide Variety of Settings
Practitioners, facilities, and researchers encounter repeated requests from patients regarding the use of complementary and integrative medicine (CIM) and there are few who do not know the benefits of its use. But the legal aspects of prescribing or denying CIM treatment are new and harder to navigate, requiring the guidance of lawyers, policy makers, and other practitioners. Based on interviews with over 20 health care providers and facilities who have successfully combined integrative medicine in their practices, this book outlines the pitfalls, legal road-blocks, and benefits of bringing complementary and integrative medicine into daily health care routines.
- What forces are driving the shift toward Integrative care
- The key legal issues governing individuals vs. institutions
- How established CIM institutions chose specific therapies, gained funding, and solved staffing issues
- The regulations for credentialing and how to comply
- Techniques for minimizing liability risks for institutions and individuals
- Strategies for effective informed consent
- Recommendations on dealing with the dietary supplement question
- Springer Publishing Company, November 2006
Springer Publishing Company
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: