The Practical CIO
A Common Sense Guide for Successful IT Leadership
The IT executive's ultimate handbook for survival in a rapidly changing economy
The Practical CIO: A Common Sense Guide for Successful IT Leadership provides needed advice for modern executives competing in a challenging global environment.
- Proactively establish goals for IT
- Hold all vendors accountable
- Extract maximum value from existing IT investments
- Manage and market the IT brand
- Build relationships up, down and sideways across the enterprise and beyond its traditional boundaries
- Act like a CEO
Brimming with interviews and case studies from leading global enterprises such as Microsoft, Prudential, Citigroup, Chiquita Brands, Smithfield Foods and West Marine. The Practical CIO is designed for clear-eyed IT and C-level executives with no patience for hype or overly optimistic visions of a "better tomorrow." Truly a commonsense guide for successful IT leadership, this book delivers exactly the kind of hard-nosed, actionable advice that executives urgently require.
- Wiley, December 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: