The Parkland Trauma Handbook
Mobile Medicine Series
- List Price$74.95
- Your price$67.49
Save $7.46 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 30800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Whether you are a physician or surgeon with only occasional trauma duties, a resident rotating in trauma, or part of a full-time trauma team, this handbook will help keep your procedures and practices in line with the latest evidence-based guidelines. Included is current information for alternative airway management, ultrasound in the trauma setting, laparoscopic surgery in trauma, terrorism preparedness, damage control, the trauma systems quality improvement process, bedside procedures in the surgical intensive care unit, massive transfusion protocol, diagnosis of blunt cervical vascular injury, and much more.
- Presents an evidence- and experience-based guide to the evaluation and initial management of the trauma patient.
- Provides a comprehensive but concise trauma reference you can carry in your pocket.
- Consists of information direct from the residents on the frontlines at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
- Provides âFast Facts? and âPearls and Pitfalls? in each chapter that emphasize key points to help you find information quickly and easily.
- Incorporates âEvidence? boxes highlighting evidence-based guidelines, when available, to help you make more rational judgments about the issues at hand.
- Contains up-to-date coverage of timely issues in trauma and critical care including damage control, ultrasound, bedside procedures in the ICU, and terrorism preparedness.
- Reflects the numerous advances made in trauma care since the last edition.
- Elsevier Health Sciences, December 2008
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: