The Official Ubuntu Book
- List Price$27.99
- Your price$22.39
Save $5.60 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
Or, get it for 12000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Ubuntu is a complete, free operating system that emphasizes community, support, and ease of use without compromising speed, power, or flexibility. It’s Linux for human beings—designed for everyone from computer novices to experts. Ubuntu 9.04 is the latest release—more powerful, more flexible, and friendlier than ever. The Official Ubuntu Book, Fourth Edition, will get you up and running quickly.
Written by expert, leading Ubuntu community members, this book covers all you need to know to make the most of Ubuntu 9.04, whether you’re a home user, small business user, server administrator, or programmer. The authors cover Ubuntu 9.04 from start to finish: installation, configuration, desktop productivity, games, management, support, and much more. Among the many topics covered in this edition: Edubuntu, Kubuntu, and Ubuntu Server.
The Official Ubuntu Book, Fourth Edition, covers standard desktop applications, from word processing, spreadsheets, Web browsing, e-mail, instant messaging, music, video, and games to software development, databases, and server applications. In addition, you will
- Learn how to customize Ubuntu for home, small business, school, government, and enterprise environments
- Learn how to quickly update Ubuntu to accommodate new versions and new applications
- Find up-to-the-minute troubleshooting advice from Ubuntu users worldwide
- Learn Ubuntu Server installation and administration, including LVM and RAID implementation
- Learn about how to take advantage of the Ubuntu user forum to get the help you need quickly
- Pearson Education, June 2009
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: