The New McDougall Cookbook
300 Delicious Ultra-Low-Fat Recipes
Thanks to John and Mary McDougall, countless health-conscious Americans have learned that an ultra-low-fat diet doesn't have to be low on taste. Drawing on the latest research, this collection of three hundred meatless, dairyless, high-carbohydrate, and virtually fat-free recipes offers a well-balanced mix of fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, and grains. Adapted from a variety of ethnic traditions, all the recipes use familiar ingredients and rely on simple and consistent preparation methods. The McDougalls also include:
· Useful recipes for nondairy drinks, dressings, and sauces that aren’t based on oil
· A concise explanation of the McDougall Program and how it evolved
· Ten simple steps that make a lighter version of most of your favorite recipes
· An updated “McDougall-Okayed Packaged and Canned Products” list to help you buy precooked low-fat foods that can be eaten with confidence
Food is our most powerful medicine. And with this revolutionary program, the fat-free way to better flavor and healthier eating has never been easier—or tastier.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Penguin Publishing Group, January 1997
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: