The New McDougall Cookbook
300 Delicious Low-Fat, Plant-Based Recipes
“A gateway to greater health and better living.”—John Robbins, author of The Food Revolution
See the difference a plant-based diet can make in your life with the McDougall Program!
Thanks to John and Mary McDougall, countless health-conscious Americans have learned that our standard meat-heavy diet is hazardous to our health—and that the low-fat solution doesn't have to be low on taste. This collection of three hundred vegan, high-carbohydrate, virtually fat-free recipes offers a well-balanced, mouthwatering mix of fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes, and grains to help you lose weight, reverse illness, and do right by the environment. Inspired by dishes from around the world, the recipes use familiar ingredients and rely on simple and consistent preparation methods. You will also find:
· An explanation of the groundbreaking McDougall Program and its nutritionally based approach to health
· Easy-to-prepare recipes for nondairy drinks, dressings, and sauces that aren’t based on oil
· Ten simple steps to make a lighter version of your favorite recipes
· An updated “McDougall-Okayed Packaged and Canned Products” list to help you shop with confidence
Food is our most powerful medicine. And with this revolutionary program, the fat-free way to healthier eating has never been easier—or more delicious.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
- Penguin Publishing Group, January 1997
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: