The New Era of Enterprise Business Intelligence: Using Analytics to Achieve a Global Competitive Advantage
Using Analytics to Achieve a Global Competitive Advantage
by Mike Biere
- List Price$39.99
- Your price$35.99
Save $4.00 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
A Complete Blueprint for Maximizing the Value of Business Intelligence in the Enterprise
The typical enterprise recognizes the immense potential of business intelligence (BI) and its impact upon many facets within the organization—but it’s not easy to transform BI’s potential into real business value. In The New Era of Enterprise Business Intelligence, top BI expert Mike Biere presents a complete blueprint for creating winning BI strategies and infrastructure, and systematically maximizing the value of information throughout the enterprise.
This product-independent guide brings together start-to-finish guidance and practical checklists for every senior IT executive, planner, strategist, implementer, and the actual business users themselves. Drawing on thousands of hours working with enterprise customers, Biere helps decision-makers choose from today’s unprecedented spectrum of options, including the latest BI platform suites and appliances. He offers practical, “in-the-trenches” insights on a wide spectrum of planning and implementation issues, from segmenting and supporting users to working with unstructured data.
- Understanding the scope of today’s BI solutions and how they fit into existing infrastructure
- Assessing new options such as SaaS and cloud-based technologies
- Avoiding technology biases and other “project killers”
- Developing effective RFIs/RFPs and proofs of concept
- Setting up competency centers and planning for skills development
- Crafting a better experience for all your business users
- Supporting the requirements of senior executives, including performance management
- Cost-justifying BI solutions and measuring success
- Working with enterprise content management, text analytics, and search
- Planning and constructing portals, mashups, and other user interfaces
- Previewing the future of BI
- Pearson Education, August 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: