- List Price$14.99
- Your price$11.99
Save $3.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
STORIES OF ADVENTURE & ACHIEVEMENT
INVENTORS, GOLD-DIGGERS, MILITARY LEADERS, SPIES, RABBLE-ROUSERS, SOLDIERS, COURTESANS, ACE PILOTS DETECTIVES, ATHLETES, HEROES
Irish people have left their mark on virtually every corner of the globe. This fascinating book tells the stories of the Irish who are justly celebrated in their adopted homelands, but virtually unknown in Ireland.
- William Melville from Kerry, the First Head of MI5
- Monsignor Hugh O'Flaherty from Cork, who rescued 4,000 Jews and Allied Servicemen from the Nazis
- James Hoban from Kilkenny who designed The White House
- Jennie Hodgers from Louth who served three years in Union Army during the American Civil War - as a man
- George McElroy from Dublin who became one of World war I’s outstanding aerial aces
And many more …
- The O'Brien Press, October 2012
The O'Brien Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: